Orientation to the Counseling Profession: Advocacy, Ethics, and Essential Professional Foundations, 3rd edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Orientation to the Counseling Profession: Advocacy, Ethics, and Essential Professional Foundations introduces the essential current and future practices in the field.
Published by Pearson (September 18th 2020) - Copyright © 2021
Category: Introduction to Counseling
Table of contents
Section One: Foundations of Professional Counselor Identity
1. Becoming a Professional Counselor: Philosophical, Historical, and Future Considerations--Bradley T. Erford and Gerta Bardhoshi
2. Professional Counseling Organizations, Licensure, Certification, and Accreditation--Joshua C. Watson, Bradley T. Erford, and Grafton T. Eliason
3. Ethical and Legal Issues in Counseling--Lynn E. Linde and Bradley T. Erford
Section Two: Counseling Processes and Approaches
4. Theories of Counseling--Bradley T. Erford and Ann Vernon
5. The Counseling Process--Donna S. Sheperis
6. Counseling Microskills--Joseph B. Cooper
Section Three: Client Issues and Advocacy
7. Risk Assessment and Crisis Intervention--Judith Harrington and Charlotte Daughhetee
8. Mental Health Counseling Settings and Issues--Catherine Y. Chang, Amy L. McLeod, and Nadine E. Garner
9. School, College, and Career Counseling--Nadine E. Garner, Jason Baker, and Molly E. Jones
10. Human Development throughout the Life span--Bradley T. Erford
11. Multicultural Counseling--Geneva M. Gray
12. Assessment, Case Conceptualization, Diagnosis, and Treatment Planning--Bradley T. Erford
13. Supervision and Consultation--Mark A. Young and Alan Basham
14. Advocating for the Counseling Profession--Amy Milsom
15. Advocacy Counseling: Being an Effective Agent of Change for Clients--Donna M. Gibson
Section Four: The Effectiveness of Counseling
16. Accountability in Counseling--Bradley T. Erford
17. Outcomes Research in Counseling--Bradley T. Erford
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.