Developing Multicultural Counseling Competence: A Systems Approach, 3rd edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Developing Multicultural Counseling Competence: A Systems Approach provides a comprehensive, evidence-based approach to ensuring multicultural competence in counseling.
Published by Pearson (September 18th 2020) - Copyright © 2021
Category: Multicultural Counseling
Table of contents
SECTION I: The Foundations of Multicultural Counseling
1. The Culturally Competent Counselor - Danica G. Hays and Amy L. McLeod
2. Cultural Identity Development - Cheryl Moore-Thomas
SECTION II: Social Advocacy
3. Social Justice Counseling - Philip B. Gnilka, Caroline O'Hara, and Catherine Y. Chang
4. Racism and White Privilege - Danica G. Hays and Ann Shillingford
5. Gender and Sexism - Anneliese A. Singh and Taryne M. Mingo
6. Sexual Orientation and Heterosexism - Michael P. Chaney and Michael Brubaker
7. Social Class and Classism - Kathryn S. Newton and Bradley T. Erford
8. Disability, Ableism, and Ageism - Debra E. Berens and Bradley T. Erford
SECTION III: Counseling Multicultural Populations
9. Individuals and Families of African Descent - Patrice S. Bounds, Ahmad R. Washington, and Malik S. Henfield
10. Individuals and Families of Arab Descent - Sylvia C. Nassar-McMillan, Aisha Al-Qimlass, and Laura McLaughlin Gonzalez
11. Individuals and Families of Asian Descent - Linh Luu, Arpana G. Inman, and Alvin N. Alvarez
12. Individuals and Families of Latin Descent - José A. Villalba
13. Counseling Native Americans - Michael Tlanusta Garrett, J. T. Garrett, Tarrell Awe Agahe Portman, Lisa Grayshield, Edil Torres Rivera, Cyrus Williams, and Mark Parrish
14. Individuals and Families of European Descent - H. George McMahon, Pamela O. Paisley, and Bogusia Skudrzyk
15. Individuals and Families of Multiracial Descent - Kelley R. Kenney and Mark E. Kenney
16. Spiritual Diversity - Craig S. Cashwell and Amanda L. Giordano
SECTION IV: Multicultural Conceptualization
17. Alternative Approaches to Counseling Theories - Jonathan J. Orr
18. Multicultural Diagnosis and Conceptualization - Victoria E. Kress, Andrea Dixon, and Laura Shannonhouse
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.