In Concert: An Integrated Approach to Reading and Writing, 3rd edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
In Concert offers integrated thematic instruction at the paragraph and essay level. Each chapter's content is presented in the context of a resonant theme, designed to engage you with topics such as overcoming adversity, Internet dating and the Black Lives Matter movement. Student and professional essays start each chapter and serve as the basis for instruction, illustration and practice. Author Kathleen McWhorter emphasizes critical thinking throughout, which will prepare you for your college courses and beyond.
The 3rd Edition is the second text in a 2-part series that illustrates reading and writing as a single process of understanding and expressing ideas, which really do work together in concert. This volume explores paragraphs and essays; In Harmony concentrates on sentences and paragraphs.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2019
Subject: Developmental English
Category: Integrated Reading & Writing
PART ONE — INTRODUCTION TO READING AND WRITING
- An Overview of the Reading Process (with Writing)
- An Overview of the Writing Process (with Reading) Vocabulary Workshop
PART TWO — READING, WRITING, AND ORGANIZING PARAGRAPHS
- Topics, Main Ideas, and Topic Sentences
- Details, Transitions, and Implied Main Ideas
- Organization: Basic Patterns
- Organization: Additional Patterns
- Strategies for Revising Paragraphs
PART THREE — READING AND WRITING ESSAYS
- Reading, Planning, and Organizing Essays
- Drafting and Revising Essays
- Reading and Writing Essays with Multiple Patterns
- Writing Essays Using Sources
PART FOUR — CRITICAL THINKING, READING, AND WRITING
- Critical Thinking: Making Inferences and Analyzing the Author’s Message
- Critical Thinking: Evaluating the Author’s Techniques
- Critical Thinking: Reading and Writing Arguments
PART FIVE — THEMATIC READER: WRITING IN RESPONSE TO READING
PART SIX — REVIEWING THE BASICS
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.