Managing and Leading Today's Police:Challenges, Best Practices, Case Studies, 4th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Managing and Leading Today's Police gives you an insider's view into the challenging work of police leaders at all levels of management. Using a problem-solving approach, the authors assert "what works" in contemporary police management, while critiquing new strategies, methods and technologies transforming the field.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2019
Subject: Criminal Justice
Category: Policing / Law Enforcement
Table of contents
1. Leading and Managing Today's Police: Challenges and Opportunities
2. The Dynamics of Police Organizations: Structure and Theories
3. Leadership and Motivation: What Works
4. Communication, Negotiation, and Conflict Resolution
5. Human Resource Management: The Foundation for an Effective Police Department
6. Officers' Rights, Discipline, and Liability: A Legal and Policy-Driven Framework
7. Leadership Roles in Labor Relations: "Navigating the Waters" of Police Unionization
8. Financial Administration: "Doing More with Less" Since the Great Recession
9. Ethics and Accountability: Building a Culture of Integrity and Trust
10. Community Policing and Problem-Solving: Addressing Crime and Disorder
11. Officer Wellness, Safety, and Stress: Identifying and Managing Harms
12. Police Productivity: Improving Performance
13. Managing Homeland Security and Critical Events
14. Technologies for the Tasks: Tools for Today's Police Leaders
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.