Managing and Leading Today's Police: Challenges, Best Practices, Case Studies, 4th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Managing and Leading Today's Police takes a problem-solving approach to modern police leadership. It provides a comprehensive insider's view into the challenging work of police leaders at all levels of management. The authors draw on their extensive practical experience to critique the organizational, personnel and operational issues facing police agencies and to assert “what works” in contemporary police management.
The 4th Edition is a major revision, moving from a supervision to a management perspective. It covers new policing strategies, methods and technologies transforming the field and demanding new knowledge of police supervisors, managers and leaders. Extensive new discussion on police accountability examines constitutional policing and procedural justice, in connection with recent events challenging police use of force against unarmed minorities.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2019
Subject: Criminal Justice
Category: Policing / Law Enforcement
1. Leading and Managing Today's Police: Challenges and Opportunities
2. The Dynamics of Police Organizations: Structure and Theories
3. Leadership and Motivation: What Works
4. Communication, Negotiation, and Conflict Resolution
5. Human Resource Management: The Foundation for an Effective Police Department
6. Officers' Rights, Discipline, and Liability: A Legal and Policy-Driven Framework
7. Leadership Roles in Labor Relations: "Navigating the Waters" of Police Unionization
8. Financial Administration: "Doing More with Less" Since the Great Recession
9. Ethics and Accountability: Building a Culture of Integrity and Trust
10. Community Policing and Problem-Solving: Addressing Crime and Disorder
11. Officer Wellness, Safety, and Stress: Identifying and Managing Harms
12. Police Productivity: Improving Performance
13. Managing Homeland Security and Critical Events
14. Technologies for the Tasks: Tools for Today's Police Leaders
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.