Along These Lines: Writing Sentences and Paragraphs, 7th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Along These Lines: Writing Sentences and Paragraphs offers you intensive coverage of the writing process. It's designed to help you acquire and improve your skills, guiding you to become a more effective writer and a more effective learner. Biays and Wershoven will take you step-by-step through the writing process with in-depth instruction on grammar, paragraph construction and short essays. Encouraging critical thinking and personal engagement, the text provides invaluable resources, interactive exercises and continual reinforcement to give you a solid foundation for future success.
The 7th Edition offers numerous individual and collaborative exercises in each chapter, along with contextualized practical writing applications, such as workplace writing, personal writing and classroom-centered academic material. It also includes a chapter on “Writing from Reading” that demonstrates how writing and reading are interconnected processes.
Published by Pearson (January 1st 2021) - Copyright © 2019
Subject: Developmental English
Category: Developmental Writing
PART 1 – SENTENCE-LEVEL SKILLS: GRAMMAR FOR WRITERS
- The Simple Sentence
- Beyond the Simple Sentence: Coordination
- Avoiding Run-on Sentences and Comma Splices
- Beyond the Simple Sentence: Subordination
- Combining Sentences: A Review of Your Options
- Avoiding Sentence Fragments
- Using Parallelism in Sentences
- Using Adjectives and Adverbs
- Correcting Problems with Modifiers
- Verbs: The Present Tense
- Verbs: The Past Tense
- Verbs: Consistency and Voice
- Making Subjects and Verbs Agree
- Using Pronouns Correctly: Agreement and Reference
- Using Pronouns Correctly: Consistency and Case
- Words That Sound Alike/Look Alike
- Using Prepositions Correctly
PART 2 – WRITING IN STAGES: THE PROCESS APPROACH
- Writing a Paragraph: Prewriting
- Writing a Paragraph: Planning
- Writing a Paragraph: Drafting and Revising
- Writing a Paragraph: Editing and Proofreading
- Writing a Narrative Paragraph
- Writing a Descriptive Paragraph
- Writing an Illustration Paragraph
- Writing a Process Paragraph
- Moving from Paragraphs to Essays
- Writing from Reading
Appendix. Readings for Writers
Appendix. Basics of College Research
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.