Supervision of Police Personnel, 9th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Supervision of Police Personnel is the oft-cited “bible of police supervision.” This longtime bestseller addresses the essential knowledge, skills and characteristics of the professional law enforcement supervisor and manager. It looks at key supervisory responsibilities such as training, coaching and counseling, as well as best practices for handling citizen complaints, problem employees, and tactical deployment of field forces in critical situations.
The 9th Edition features extensive revisions, including two new chapters: Legal Knowledge Every Supervisor and Manager Should Have (Ch. 14) and Other Important Supervisory and Management Topics (Ch. 15). It reflects current issues and challenges facing law enforcement supervisors and managers such as officer safety, coaching officers on street survival, and responding to individuals with behavioral health issues.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2020
Subject: Criminal Justice
Category: Policing / Law Enforcement
1. The Supervisor's Role
2. The Supervisor's Function in Organization, Administration, and Management
3. Leadership, Supervision, and Command Presence
4. The Training Function: Problems and Approaches to the Instructional Process
5. Interpersonal Communications
6. Principles of Employee Interviewing
7. Some Psychological Aspects of Supervision
8. Special Problems in Counseling and Remediation
9. Employee Dissatisfaction and Grievances
10. Discipline: Principles, Policies, and Practices
11. Personnel Complaint Investigation Procedures and Techniques
12. Personnel Evaluation Systems and Performance Rating Standards
13. Tactical Deployment of Field Forces
14. Legal Knowledge Every Supervisor and Manager Should Have
15. Other Important Supervisory and Management Topics
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.