Occupational Safety and Health for Technologists, Engineers, and Managers, 9th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Occupational Safety and Health for Technologists, Engineers, and Managers prepares future safety and health professionals to practice amid rising global competition and technological change. It covers OSHA standards, all core safety and health topics, and critical safety issues not covered in OSHA.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2019
Subject: Engineering Technology
Category: Industrial Safety / Health
Table of contents
PART 1: HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE AND OVERVIEW
1. Safety and Health Movement, Then and Now
2. Accidents and Their Effects
3. Theories of Accident Causation
4. Roles and Professional Certifications for Safety and Health Professionals
5. Safety, Health, and Competition in the Global Marketplace
PART 2: LAWS AND REGULATIONS
6. The OSH Act, Standards, and Liability
7. Workers’ Compensation
8. Accident Investigation and Reporting
9. Product Safety and Liability
PART 3: THE HUMAN ELEMENT
10. Ergonomic Hazards: Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs) and Cumulative Trauma Disorders (CTDs)
11. Stress and Safety
12. Safety and Health Training
13. Violence in the Workplace
PART 4: HAZARD ASSESSMENT, PREVENTION, AND CONTROL
14. Mechanical Hazards and Machine Safeguarding
15. Falling, Impact, Acceleration, Lifting, and Vision Hazards with Appropriate PPE
16. Hazards of Temperature Extremes
17. Pressure Hazards
18. Electrical Hazards
19. Fire Hazards and Life Safety
20. Industrial Hygiene and Confined Spaces
21. Radiation Hazards
22. Noise and Vibration Hazards
23. Computers, Automation, and Robots
24. Bloodborne Pathogens and Bacterial Hazards in the Workplace
PART 5: MANAGEMENT OF SAFETY AND HEALTH
25. Preparing for Emergencies and Terrorism
26. Ethics and Safety
27. Hazard Analysis/Prevention and Safety Management
28. Promoting Safety
29. Environmental Safety
30. TSM: Total Safety Management in a Quality Management Setting
31. Establishing a Safety-First Corporate Culture
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.