Occupational Safety and Health for Technologists, Engineers, and Managers, 9th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Study smarter, not harder
Save time with study tools in your eText
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Occupational Safety and Health for Technologists, Engineers, and Managers prepares future safety and health professionals to practice amid rising global competition and technological change. It covers OSHA standards, all core safety and health topics, and critical safety issues not covered in OSHA.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2019
Subject: Engineering Technology
Category: Industrial Technology & Management
Table of contents
PART 1: HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE AND OVERVIEW
1. Safety and Health Movement, Then and Now
2. Accidents and Their Effects
3. Theories of Accident Causation
4. Roles and Professional Certifications for Safety and Health Professionals
5. Safety, Health, and Competition in the Global Marketplace
PART 2: LAWS AND REGULATIONS
6. The OSH Act, Standards, and Liability
7. Workers’ Compensation
8. Accident Investigation and Reporting
9. Product Safety and Liability
PART 3: THE HUMAN ELEMENT
10. Ergonomic Hazards: Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs) and Cumulative Trauma Disorders (CTDs)
11. Stress and Safety
12. Safety and Health Training
13. Violence in the Workplace
PART 4: HAZARD ASSESSMENT, PREVENTION, AND CONTROL
14. Mechanical Hazards and Machine Safeguarding
15. Falling, Impact, Acceleration, Lifting, and Vision Hazards with Appropriate PPE
16. Hazards of Temperature Extremes
17. Pressure Hazards
18. Electrical Hazards
19. Fire Hazards and Life Safety
20. Industrial Hygiene and Confined Spaces
21. Radiation Hazards
22. Noise and Vibration Hazards
23. Computers, Automation, and Robots
24. Bloodborne Pathogens and Bacterial Hazards in the Workplace
PART 5: MANAGEMENT OF SAFETY AND HEALTH
25. Preparing for Emergencies and Terrorism
26. Ethics and Safety
27. Hazard Analysis/Prevention and Safety Management
28. Promoting Safety
29. Environmental Safety
30. TSM: Total Safety Management in a Quality Management Setting
31. Establishing a Safety-First Corporate Culture
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.