Young Child, The: Development from Prebirth Through Age Eight, 7th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
The Young Child discusses major development theories as they relate to physical, social and emotional, and cognitive domains, and contains extensive applications for teaching and working with young children from infancy through age 8.
Published by Pearson (January 1st 2021) - Copyright © 2017
Subject: Educational Psychology
Category: Child Development in Education
Table of contents
PART ONE: AN OVERVIEW OF EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT
1. The What and Why of Early Childhood Development
2. The Where, When, and How of Early Childhood Study and Assessment
PART TWO: THE CHILD'S LIFE BEGINS
3. The Family Before Birth
4. The Child and Family at Birth
PART THREE: INFANCY: AGES BIRTH TO 1 YEAR
5. The Brain, Perceptual and Motor Learning and Development and Physical Health and Growth: Infancy (Birth-1 Year)
6. Emotional and Social Learning and Development: Infancy (Birth-1 Year)
7. Cognitive, Language, and Literacy Learning and Development: Infancy (Birth-1 Year)
PART FOUR: THE YOUNG CHILD: AGES 1 THROUGH 2 YEARS
8. Perceptual and Motor Learning and Development; Health and Nutrition: Toddlers and Twos (1 Through 2 Years)
9. Emotional and Social Learning and Development: Toddlers and Twos (1 Through 2 Years)
10. Cognitive, Language, and Literacy Learning and Development: Toddlers and Twos (1 Through 2 Years)
PART FIVE: THE YOUNG CHILD: AGES 3 THROUGH 4
11. Motor Learning and Development, Health and Physical Development: Preschoolers (3 Through 4 Years)
12. Emotional and Social Learning and Development: Preschoolers (3 through 4 Years)
13. Cognitive, Language, and Literacy Learning and Development: Preschoolers (3 through 4 Years)
PART SIX: THE YOUNG CHILD: AGES 5 THROUGH 8
14. Motor Learning and Development; Health and Nutrition: Kindergarten and Early Elementary Grades (5 Through 8 Years)
15. Emotional and Social Learning and Development: Kindergarten and Early Elementary Grades (5 Through 8 Years)
16. Cognitive, Language, and Literacy Learning and Development: Kindergarten and Early Elementary Grades (5 Through 8 Years)
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.