Social Work with Older Adults: A Biopsychosocial Approach to Assessment and Intervention, 5th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Social Work with Older Adults provides a clear and engaging all-in-one resource for working with older adults. Numerous case studies, discussion questions and integrated learning activities offer opportunities to practice the skills and strategies you'll need in the field.
Published by Pearson (June 11th 2021) - Copyright © 2020
Subject: Social Work & Human Services
Category: Social Work for Age Groups
Table of contents
1. The Context of Social Work Practice with Older Adults
2. Biological Changes and the Physical Well-Being of Older Adults
3. Psychosocial Adjustments to Aging
4. Conducting a Biopsychosocial Assessment
5. Differential Assessment and Diagnosis of Cognitive and Emotional Problems of Older Adults
6. Interventions for Depression, Anxiety, and Dementia in Older Adults
7. Complementary and Alternative Approaches to Treating Socioemotional Conditions in Older Adults
8. Substance Abuse and Suicide Prevention in Older Adults
9. Social Work Practice in Identifying and Preventing Abuse and Neglect of Older Adults
10. The Role of Spirituality in Social Work with Older Adults
11. Advance Care Planning and End-of-Life Care for Older Adults
12. Working with Older Adults' Support Systems in Caregiving
13. Community Programs to Support "Aging in Place:" Age-Friendly Communities, Transportation, and Housing
14. Income Programs, Health Insurance, and Support Services for Older Adults: Challenges and Opportunities
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.