Literacy Development in the Early Years: Helping Children Read and Write, 9th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Study smarter, not harder
Save time with study tools in your eText
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Literacy Development in the Early Years explores the science and art of teaching literacy from birth through Grade 3. It presents a wealth of theory, research, and practical strategies about how children learn literacy skills -- while recognizing that literacy development is an active process between educator and student.
Published by Pearson (January 1st 2021) - Copyright © 2020
Category: Emergent Literacy
Table of contents
1. Looking at an Exemplary Early Literacy Classroom
2. Foundations of Early Literacy: From the Past to the Present
3. Assessment in Early Literacy
4. Literacy and Diversity: Teaching Children with Different Needs
5. Early Childhood Language Development: Birth to Age Two
6. Language and Vocabulary Development: Preschool through Third Grade
7. Emergent Literacy Skills and Strategies: Helping Children to Figure Out Words
8. Phonological Awareness and Phonics Instruction
9. Developing Comprehension of Text and Fluency
10. Writing, Spelling, and Literacy Development
11. Using Children's Literature in the Classroom
12. Creating a Motivating Environment for Literacy Development: Positive Mindset, Technology, Integration, and Play
13. Organizing and Managing Literacy Instruction
14. Family Literacy Partnerships
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.