Literacy Development in the Early Years: Helping Children Read and Write, 9th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Literacy Development in the Early Years is a comprehensive and balanced approach to early literacy instruction (birth to Grade 3) with a focus on integrating language arts. It explores both the science and art of teaching literacy, presenting a wealth of theory, research, practical strategies and perspectives about how children learn literacy skills. The text recognizes that literacy development is an active process between educators and students. Author Lesley Mandel Morrow utilizes her own research and experiences with the research of others to consider historical theories and philosophies about how children learn, policy changes in teaching reading, new laws and challenges in the area of testing and assessment, the place of diversity in today's classrooms, teaching English learners and more.
Reorganized with shorter, easier-to-read chapters, the 9th Edition adds strategies for developing literacy in writing and reading workshops, independent and partner reading, organizational methods and comprehension development.
Published by Pearson (January 1st 2021) - Copyright © 2020
Subject: Reading & Literacy
Category: Literacy Methods (Early/Emergent)
1. Looking at an Exemplary Early Literacy Classroom
2. Foundations of Early Literacy: From the Past to the Present
3. Assessment in Early Literacy
4. Literacy and Diversity: Teaching Children with Different Needs
5. Early Childhood Language Development: Birth to Age Two
6. Language and Vocabulary Development: Preschool through Third Grade
7. Emergent Literacy Skills and Strategies: Helping Children to Figure Out Words
8. Phonological Awareness and Phonics Instruction
9. Developing Comprehension of Text and Fluency
10. Writing, Spelling, and Literacy Development
11. Using Children's Literature in the Classroom
12. Creating a Motivating Environment for Literacy Development: Positive Mindset, Technology, Integration, and Play
13. Organizing and Managing Literacy Instruction
14. Family Literacy Partnerships
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.