Improving Adolescent Literacy: Content Area Strategies at Work, 5th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Improving Adolescent Literacy offers real-world instructional strategies and practical procedures to promote success in literacy and content area learning. Authors Douglas Fisher and Nancy Frey provide instructional routines that will enable middle and secondary school teachers to bolster their students' content literacy skills. Vignettes from actual classrooms depict the chapter's instructional approach in action. Research-based rationales provide an in-depth look at how to implement the strategy, along with examples of each strategy across the curriculum.
The 5th Edition includes new chapters focused on building and activating background knowledge, group work, and formative and summative assessments.
Published by Pearson (June 11th 2021) - Copyright © 2020
Subject: Reading & Literacy
Category: Content Area Reading
1. Ensuring All Students Read, Write, Think, and Learn
2. Setting the Stage: Building and Activating Background Knowledge
3. Word for Word: Vocabulary Development Across the Curriculum
4. Well Read: Promoting Comprehension Through Read-Alouds, Shared Readings, and Close Reading
5. Why Ask? Questioning Strategies that Prompt Thinking
6. Speaking Volumes: Using Collaborative Conversations to Build Students' Content Knowledge
7. Picture This: Graphic Organizers in the Classroom
8. Getting it Down: Making and Taking Notes Across the Curriculum
9. Powerful Pens: Writing to Learn Content
10. Taking Stock: Formative and Summative Assessments
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.