Autism Spectrum Disorders: Foundations, Characteristics, and Effective Strategies, 2nd edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Autism Spectrum Disorders examines the latest evidence-based practices for meeting the needs of students on the autism spectrum. You'll focus on real-world practice that promotes lifelong success, in addition to historical contexts, etiological underpinnings and characteristics of ASD that may impact learning.
Published by Pearson (June 11th 2021) - Copyright © 2017
Subject: Special Education
Category: Autism Methods
Table of contents
1. Overview of Autism Spectrum Disorders
2. Evidence-Based Practices for Educating Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders
3. Working with Families of Children with Autism
4. Environmental Arrangement to Prevent Contextually Inappropriate Behavior
5. Teaching Students with Autism Using the Principles of Applied Behavior Analysis
6. Teaching Students with Autism to Communicate
7. Social Challenges of Children and Youth with Autism Spectrum Disorders
8. Daily Living Skills
9. Effective Practices for Teaching Academic Skills to Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders
10. Play-Focused Interventions for Young Children with Autism
11. Assistive Technology for Learners with Autism Spectrum Disorders
12. Motor Consideration for Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder
13. Sexuality Education for Students with ASD
14. Transition to Postsecondary Environments for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.