Multiple Paths to Literacy: Assessment and Differentiated Instruction for Diverse Learners, K-12, 9th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Multiple Paths to Literacy shows how to make literacy accessible for all learners. It presents an analytical approach (consistent with Response to Intervention/RTI) with practical strategies for recognizing students' literacy strengths and needs, planning and differentiating instruction, and meeting standards. The strategies and techniques presented are appropriate to, or easily modified for, any grade level from primary through secondary school. Throughout, teachers are encouraged to consider each learner's talents with the goal of tailoring instruction to meet their needs.
The 9th Edition includes a new chapter that shows how the arts can support the literacy development of all learners, spotlight features on students with special needs, new sections of disciplinary literacy and neurological disorders and more.
Published by Pearson (January 1st 2021) - Copyright © 2019
Subject: Reading & Literacy
Category: Literacy Methods (K-8)
PART I: Foundations
1. Fundamental Aspects of Literacy Learning
2. The Analytic Process: Preparation for Differentiating Instruction and Data-Driven Decision-Making
3. Literacy Education of English Language Learners: Some Linguistic Aspects of Theory and Practice
4. Physical, Psychological, and Environmental Factors Affecting Literacy Development
5. Literacy Assessment: Summative and Formative Assessments
PART II: The Major Domains
6. Early Literacy Skills
7. Supporting All Students' Literacy Development through the Arts
8. The Reading-Writing Connection: Best Practices and Strategies
9. Word Recognition
10. Reading Vocabulary
11. Reading Comprehension: An Overview
12. Comprehending Narrative Text
13. Expository Text and Disciplinary Literacy
14. Study Skills and Test-Taking Strategies
APPENDICES: Assessment Resources
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.