Functional Assessment: Strategies to Prevent and Remediate Challenging Behavior in School Settings, 4th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Functional Assessment provides guidelines, strategies and procedures for preventing and addressing challenging behavior in school settings. The authors take theoretical and often technical information and present it in an easy-to-understand and applicable manner.
Published by Pearson (January 1st 2021) - Copyright © 2015
Subject: Special Education
Category: Behavior Management / Behavior Analysis
Table of contents
Part I: Introduction to Challenging Behavior and the Functional Assessment and Intervention Model
1. The Importance of Identifying and Addressing Challenging Behavior and Identifying Why Challenging Behavior Occurs
2. Assumptions and Goals of Functional Assessment
Part II: Conducting a Functional Assessment
3. Assessing the Current Environment
4. Identifying the Function of Challenging and Appropriate Behaviors
Part III: Selecting and Implementing Function-Based Interventions
5. Selecting Setting Event, Antecedent, and Consequence Strategies and Appropriate Replacement Behaviors
6. Intervention Strategies Related to the Positive Reinforcement Function
7. Intervention Strategies Related to the Negative Reinforcement Function
8. General Intervention Strategies Related to the Sensory Regulation/Sensory Stimulation Function
9. Specific Intervention Strategies Related to the Increase and Decrease in Sensory Regulations/Sensory Stimulation Functions
10. Strategies to Promote Generalization and Maintenance of Behavior and to Prevent the Development and Recurrence of Behavior
Part IV: Functional Assessment Within School Settings
11. Guidelines for Program Implementation and Consultation
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.