Functional Assessment: Strategies to Prevent and Remediate Challenging Behavior in School Settings, 4th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Part I: Introduction to Challenging Behavior and the Functional Assessment and Intervention Model
1. The Importance of Identifying and Addressing Challenging Behavior and Identifying Why Challenging Behavior Occurs
2. Assumptions and Goals of Functional Assessment
Part II: Conducting a Functional Assessment
3. Assessing the Current Environment
4. Identifying the Function of Challenging and Appropriate Behaviors
Part III: Selecting and Implementing Function-Based Interventions
5. Selecting Setting Event, Antecedent, and Consequence Strategies and Appropriate Replacement Behaviors
6. Intervention Strategies Related to the Positive Reinforcement Function
7. Intervention Strategies Related to the Negative Reinforcement Function
8. General Intervention Strategies Related to the Sensory Regulation/Sensory Stimulation Function
9. Specific Intervention Strategies Related to the Increase and Decrease in Sensory Regulations/Sensory Stimulation Functions
10. Strategies to Promote Generalization and Maintenance of Behavior and to Prevent the Development and Recurrence of Behavior
Part IV: Functional Assessment Within School Settings
11. Guidelines for Program Implementation and Consultation
Published by Pearson (January 1st 2021) - Copyright © 2015
Subject: Special Education
Category: Behavior Analysis & Intervention
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.