Precalculus Essentials, 6th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Bob Blitzer continues to support and inspire students with his engaging approach, making this a series that is beloved year after year by students and instructors alike. In Precalculus Essentials, 6th Edition, Blitzer's unique background in mathematics and behavioral science presents readers with a wide range of applications, drawn from pop culture and up-to-date references, that appeal to students of all majors and connect math to their lives.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook. Download the mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Make it your own by adding highlights and notes. At the end of your subscription, you can opt to renew access to your Pearson eText and personalized notes.
Published by Pearson (June 15th 2021) - Copyright © 2022
Subject: Precalculus, College Algebra & Trigonometry
Table of contents
Table of Contents
- Prerequisites: Fundamental Concepts of Algebra
- P.1 Algebraic Expressions, Mathematical Models, and Real Numbers
- P.2 Exponents and Scientific Notation
- P.3 Radicals and Rational Exponents
- P.4 Polynomials
- P.5 Factoring Polynomials
- P.6 Rational Expressions
- Functions and Graphs
- 1.1 Graphs and Graphing Utilities
- 1.2 Basics of Functions and Their Graphs
- 1.3 More on Functions and Their Graphs
- 1.4 Linear Functions and Slope
- 1.5 More on Slope
- 1.6 Transformations of Functions
- 1.7 Combinations of Functions; Composite Functions
- 1.8 Inverse Functions
- 1.9 Distance and Midpoint Formulas; Circles
- Polynomial and Rational Functions
- 2.1 Complex Numbers
- 2.2 Quadratic Functions
- 2.3 Polynomial Functions and Their Graphs
- 2.4 Dividing Polynomials; Remainder and Factor Theorems
- 2.5 Zeros of Polynomial Functions
- 2.6 Rational Functions and Their Graphs
- 2.7 Polynomial and Rational Inequalities
- 2.8 Modeling Using Variation
- Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- 3.1 Exponential Functions
- 3.2 Logarithmic Functions
- 3.3 Properties of Logarithms
- 3.4 Exponential and Logarithmic Equations
- 3.5 Exponential Growth and Decay; Modeling Data
- Trigonometric Functions
- 4.1 Angles and Radian Measure
- 4.2 Trigonometric Functions: The Unit Circle
- 4.3 Right Triangle Trigonometry
- 4.4 Trigonometric Functions of Any Angle
- 4.5 Graphs of Sine and Cosine Functions
- 4.6 Graphs of Other Trigonometric Functions
- 4.7 Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- 4.8 Applications of Trigonometric Functions
- Analytic Trigonometry
- 5.1 Verifying Trigonometric Identities
- 5.2 Sum and Difference Formulas
- 5.3 Double-Angle, Power-Reducing, and Half-Angle Formulas
- 5.4 Product-to-Sum and Sum-to-Product Formulas
- 5.5 Trigonometric Equations
- Additional Topics in Trigonometry
- 6.1 The Law of Sines
- 6.2 The Law of Cosines
- 6.3 Polar Coordinates
- 6.4 Graphs of Polar Equations
- 6.5 Complex Numbers in Polar Form; DeMoivre's Theorem
- 6.6 Vectors
- 6.7 The Dot Product
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.