Principles of Pediatric Nursing: Caring for Children, 8th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Hallmark features of this title
Essential pediatric nursing skills
- Assessment Guides covers physical assessment and normal findings, alterations and possible causes, and guidelines for nursing interventions.
- Professionalism in Practice feature illustrates nurses’ role in working with other health professionals.
Clinical reasoning and research applications
- Clinical Reasoning boxes provide case scenarios and ask students to respond appropriately.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes present recent nursing research and discuss implications for nursing practice.
- Focus Your Study at the end of each chapter outlines main concepts and includes helpful references.
- Pearson’s online nursing resources include NCLEX-RN® review questions, case studies, care plans and critical-thinking questions.
Published by Pearson (May 25th 2022) - Copyright © 2023
Subject: Maternity & Pediatrics
Category: Principles of Pediatric Nursing: Caring for Children
Table of contents
- Contemporary Child Health Nursing
- Culture and the Family
- Genetic and Genomic Influences in Child Health
- Growth and Development
- Infant, Child, and Adolescent Nutrition
- Pediatric Assessment
- Introduction to Health Promotion and Maintenance
- Health Promotion and Maintenance: The Newborn and Infant
- Health Promotion and Maintenance: The Toddler and Preschooler
- Health Promotion and Maintenance: The School-Age Child and Adolescent
- Family Assessment and Concepts of Nursing Care in the Community
- Nursing Considerations for the Child and Family with a Chronic Condition
- Nursing Considerations for the Hospitalized Child
- Pain Assessment and Management in Children
- The Child with a Life-Threatening Condition and End-of-Life Care
- Social and Environmental Influences on the Child
- Immunizations and Communicable Diseases
- The Child with Alterations in Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance
- The Child with Alterations in Eye, Ear, Nose, and Throat Function
- The Child with Alterations in Respiratory Function
- The Child with Alterations in Cardiovascular Function
- The Child with Alterations in Immune Function
- The Child with Alterations in Hematologic Function
- The Child with Cancer
- The Child with Alterations in Gastrointestinal Function
- The Child with Alterations in Genitourinary Function
- The Child with Alterations in Endocrine Function
- The Child with Alterations in Neurologic Function
- The Child with Alterations in Mental Health and Cognitive Function
- The Child with Alterations in Musculoskeletal Function
- The Child with Alterations in Skin Integrity
Appendix A. Dietary References Intakes
Appendix B. Selected Pediatric Laboratory Values
Appendix C. Growth Charts
Appendix D. Pediatric Blood Pressure Tables
Appendix E. Conversions and Equivalents
Appendix F. Dietary Reference Intakes
Appendix G. Body Surface Area Nomogram
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.