Introduction to Networks Companion Guide (CCNAv7), 1st edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
* Key terms: Refer to the lists of networking vocabulary introduced and highlighted in context in each chapter.
* Glossary: Consult the comprehensive Glossary with more than 300 terms.
* Summary of Activities and Labs: Maximize your study time with this complete list of all associated practice exercises at the end of each chapter.
* How To: Look for this icon to study the steps you need to learn to perform certain tasks.
* Interactive Activities: Reinforce your understanding of topics with dozens of exercises from the online course identified throughout the book with this icon.
* Videos: Watch the videos embedded within the online course.
* Packet Tracer Activities: Explore and visualize networking concepts using Packet Tracer. There are multiple exercises interspersed throughout the chapters and provided in the accompanying Labs & Study Guide book.
* Hands-on Labs: Work through all the labs and other activities that are included in the course and published in the separate Labs & Study Guide.
Published by Cisco Press (May 22nd 2021) - Copyright © 2020
Subject: IT Certification
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 Networking Today
- Chapter 2 Basic Switch and End Device Configuration
- Chapter 3 Protocols and Models
- Chapter 4 Physical Layer
- Chapter 5 Number Systems
- Chapter 6 Data Link Layer
- Chapter 7 Ethernet Switching
- Chapter 8 Network Layer
- Chapter 9 Address Resolution
- Chapter 10 Basic Router Configuration
- Chapter 11 IPv4 Addressing
- Chapter 12 IPv6 Addressing
- Chapter 13 ICMP
- Chapter 14 Transport Layer
- Chapter 15 Application Layer
- Chapter 16 Network Security Fundamentals
- Chapter 17 Build a Small Network
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.