Complete A+ Guide to IT Hardware and Software: A CompTIA A+ Core 1 (220-1001) & CompTIA A+ Core 2 (220-1002) Textbook, 8th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
- Learning Objectives and chapter opening lists of CompTIA A+ Certification Exam Objectives make sure you know exactly what you’ll be learning, and you cover all you need to know
- Hundreds of photos, figures, and tables present information in a visually compelling full-color design
- Practical Tech Tips provide real-world IT tech support knowledge
- Soft Skills best-practice advice and team-building activities in every chapter cover key tools and skills for becoming a professional, customer-friendly technician
- Review Questions—including true/false, multiple choice, matching, fill-in-the-blank, and open-ended questions—carefully assess your knowledge of each learning objective
- Thought-provoking activities help students apply and reinforce chapter content, and allow instructors to “flip” the classroom if they choose
- Key Terms identify exam words and phrases associated with each topic
- Detailed Glossary clearly defines every key term
- Dozens of Critical Thinking Activities take you beyond the facts to deeper understanding
- Chapter Summaries recap key concepts for more efficient studying
- Certification Exam Tips provide insight into the certification exam and preparation process
This book features chapter-ending exercises graded by course instructors. Answers are unavailable for independent study.
Published by Pearson IT Certification (July 6th 2021) - Copyright © 2020
Subject: IT Professional
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction to the World of IT
- Chapter 2: Connectivity
- Chapter 3: On the Motherboard
- Chapter 4: Introduction to Configuration
- Chapter 5: Disassembly and Power.
- Chapter 6: Memory
- Chapter 7: Storage Devices
- Chapter 8: Multimedia Devices
- Chapter 9: Printers
- Chapter 10: Mobile Devices
- Chapter 11: Computer Design and Troubleshooting Review
- Chapter 12: Internet Connectivity, Virtualization, and Cloud Technologies
- Chapter 13: Networking
- Chapter 14: Introduction to Operating Systems
- Chapter 15: Introduction to Scripting
- Chapter 16: Advanced Windows
- Chapter 17: macOS and Linux Operating Systems
- Chapter 18: Computer and Network Security
- Chapter 19: Operational Procedures
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.