Developing Cybersecurity Programs and Policies, 3rd edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
All the Knowledge You Need to Build Cybersecurity Programs and Policies That Work
Clearly presents best practices, governance frameworks, and key standards
Includes focused coverage of healthcare, finance, and PCI DSS compliance
An essential and invaluable guide for leaders, managers, and technical professionals
Today, cyberattacks can place entire organizations at risk. Cybersecurity can no longer be delegated to specialists: success requires everyone to work together, from leaders on down. Developing Cybersecurity Programs and Policies offers start-to-finish guidance for establishing effective cybersecurity in any organization. Drawing on more than 20 years of real-world experience, Omar Santos presents realistic best practices for defining policy and governance, ensuring compliance, and collaborating to harden the entire organization.
First, Santos shows how to develop workable cybersecurity policies and an effective framework for governing them. Next, he addresses risk management, asset management, and data loss prevention, showing how to align functions from HR to physical security. You’ll discover best practices for securing communications, operations, and access; acquiring, developing, and maintaining technology; and responding to incidents.
Santos concludes with detailed coverage of compliance in finance and healthcare, the crucial Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) standard, and the NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
Whatever your current responsibilities, this guide will help you plan, manage, and lead cybersecurity–and safeguard all the assets that matter.
Learn How To
· Establish cybersecurity policies and governance that serve your organization’s needs
· Integrate cybersecurity program components into a coherent framework for action
· Assess, prioritize, and manage security risk throughout the organization
· Manage assets and prevent data loss
· Work with HR to address human factors in cybersecurity
· Harden your facilities and physical environment
· Design effective policies for securing communications, operations, and access
· Strengthen security throughout the information systems lifecycle
· Plan for quick, effective incident response and ensure business continuity
· Comply with rigorous regulations in finance and healthcare
· Plan for PCI compliance to safely process payments
· Explore and apply the guidance provided by the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
Published by Pearson IT Certification (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2019
Subject: IT Professional
Table of contents
- Chapter 1. Understanding Cybersecurity Policy and Governance
- Chapter 2. Cybersecurity Policy Organization, Format and Styles
- Chapter 3. Cybersecurity Framework
- Chapter 4. Governance and Risk Management
- Chapter 5. Asset Management and Data Loss Prevention
- Chapter 6. Human Resources Security
- Chapter 7. Physical and Environmental Security
- Chapter 8. Communications and Operations Security
- Chapter 9. Access Control Management
- Chapter 10. Information Systems Acquisition, Development, and Maintenance
- Chapter 11. Cybersecurity Incident Response
- Chapter 12. Business Continuity Management
- Chapter 13. Regulatory Compliance for Financial Institutions
- Chapter 14. Regulatory Compliance for the Healthcare Sector
- Chapter 15. PCI Compliance for Merchants
- Appendix A. Information Security Program Resources
- Appendix B. Sample Information Security Policy
- Appendix C. Information Systems Acceptable Use Agreement and Policy
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month 'term'. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. You can turn on auto-renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4-month term has ended.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last 4 months. Before your initial 4-month term ends, you can extend your subscription by turning auto-renew on in My account. If you turn auto-renew on, we’ll automatically renew your subscription and charge you every month until you turn off auto-renew.
To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date. You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription. We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.