CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004 Cert Guide, 1st edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
This is the eBook version of the print title. Note that the eBook does not provide access to the practice test software that accompanies the print book.
Learn, prepare, and practice for CompTIA Linux+ and exam success with this Cert Guide from Pearson IT Certification, a leader in IT Certification learning.
- Master CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004 exam topics
- Assess your knowledge with chapter-ending quizzes
- Review key concepts with exam preparation tasks
CompTIA Linux+ (XK0-004) Cert Guide is a best-of-breed exam study guide. Leading Linux trainers Ross Brunson and William “Bo” Rothwell share preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and retention of exam topics.
The book presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. Exam topic lists make referencing easy. Chapter-ending Exam Preparation Tasks help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly. Review questions help you assess your knowledge, and a final preparation chapter guides you through tools and resources to help you craft your final study plan.
Well regarded for its level of detail, assessment features, and challenging review questions and exercises, this study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques that will enable you to succeed on the exam the first time, including
· Hardware and system configuration
· Systems operation and maintenance
· Linux troubleshooting and diagnostics
· Automation and scripting
It fully reflects major changes to this version of the Linux+ exam, including new coverage of virtualization, cloud concepts, Git, and orchestration.
Published by Pearson IT Certification (July 30th 2021) - Copyright © 2020
Subject: IT Professional
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 Installing Linux
- Chapter 2 Package Installation and Management
- Chapter 3 Virtualization
- Chapter 4 The Boot Process
- Chapter 5 Managing System Services
- Chapter 6 System Performance
- Chapter 7 File Manipulation
- Chapter 8 File Processing
- Chapter 9 File Permissions and Escalation
- Chapter 10 SELinux and AppArmor
- Chapter 11 File Compression and Storage
- Chapter 12 User and Group Management
- Chapter 13 Account Security
- Chapter 14 Logging Services
- Chapter 15 Linux Devices
- Chapter 16 Hardware Troubleshooting
- Chapter 17 Kernel Modules
- Chapter 18 Storage Concepts
- Chapter 19 Storage Configuration
- Chapter 20 Network Configuration
- Chapter 21 Network Troubleshooting
- Chapter 22 Linux Firewalls
- Chapter 23 Orchestration
- Chapter 24 Automate Tasks
- Chapter 25 Manage Localization
- Chapter 26 BASH Scripting Essentials
- Chapter 27 Git
- Chapter 28 Server Roles
- Chapter 29 Security Best Practices
- Chapter 30 Final Preparation
- Appendix A Answers to the “Do I Know This Already?” Quizzes and Review Questions
- Appendix B CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004 Cert Guide Exam Updates
- Appendix C Study Planner
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month 'term'. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. You can turn on auto-renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4-month term has ended.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last 4 months. Before your initial 4-month term ends, you can extend your subscription by turning auto-renew on in My account. If you turn auto-renew on, we’ll automatically renew your subscription and charge you every month until you turn off auto-renew.
To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date. You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription. We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.