Technical Communication, 15th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Technical Communication offers complete coverage to develop you skills in technical communication, business communication, and professional writing. Today's workplace requires writing emails, memos, letters and informal reports, as well as more complex communications, such as formal reports, proposals, web pages and presentations. The text guides you to write persuasively, effectively and with perspective on technological innovations and global communications. Lannon and Gurak incorporate the interpersonal, logical, ethical and cultural demands of different forms of workplace communications and prepare you to navigate these considerations with ease.
The 15th Edition incorporates the latest innovations in workplace communication. The text retains the features that have made it a best-seller in technical communication, with updates that reflect the needs of today's technologically sophisticated, diverse and global workforce.
Published by Pearson (April 13th 2021) - Copyright © 2020
Category: Technical Communication
I. COMMUNICATING IN THE WORKPLACE
- Introduction to Technical Communication
- Meeting the Needs of Specific Audiences
- Persuading Your Audience
- Weighing the Ethical Issues
- Teamwork and Global Considerations
- An Overview of the Technical Writing Process
II. THE RESEARCH PROCESS
- Thinking Critically about the Research Process
- Evaluating and Interpreting Information
- Summarizing Research Findings and Other Information
III. ORGANIZATION, STYLE, AND VISUAL DESIGN
- Organizing for Readers
- Editing for a Professional Style and Tone
- Designing Visual Information
- Designing Pages and Documents
IV. SPECIFIC DOCUMENTS AND APPLICATIONS
- Workplace Memos and Letters
- Résumés and Other Job-Search Materials
- Technical Definitions
- Technical Descriptions, Specifications, and Marketing Materials
- Instructions and Procedures
- Informal Reports
- Formal Analytical Reports
- Oral Presentations and Video Conferencing
- Blogs, Wikis, and Web Pages
- Social Media
V. RESOURCES FOR TECHNICAL WRITERS
Appendix A: A Quick Guide to Documentation
Appendix B: A Quick Guide to Grammar, Usage, and Mechanics
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.