Development Across the Life Span, 9th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Development Across the Life Span provides a chronological overview of human development from the moment of conception through death. Author Robert Feldman examines both the traditional areas of the field as well as more recent innovations, drawing you into the discipline. Focusing on how developmental findings can be applied practically, the text will help you recognize the relevance of the discipline to your own life.
The 9th Edition has been thoroughly updated with the latest research and contemporary examples to help you make connections between course concepts and your own life and future career. In order to keep the text current, the author has updated the narrative with dozens of revised figures and photos, as well as hundreds of new citations from articles and books published in the last few years.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2020
Category: Lifespan Development
PART 1: BEGINNINGS
1. An Introduction to Lifespan Development
2. The Start of Life: Prenatal Development
3. Birth and the Newborn Infant
PART 2: INFANCY: FORMING THE FOUNDATIONS OF LIFE
4. Physical Development in Infancy
5. Cognitive Development in Infancy
6. Social and Personality Development in Infancy
PART 3: THE PRESCHOOL YEARS
7. Physical and Cognitive Development in the Preschool Years
8. Social and Personality Development in the Preschool Years
PART 4: THE MIDDLE CHILDHOOD YEARS
9. Physical and Cognitive Development in Middle Childhood
10. Social and Personality Development in Middle Childhood
PART 5: ADOLESCENCE
11. Physical and Cognitive Development in Adolescence
12. Social and Personality Development in Adolescence
PART 6: EARLY ADULTHOOD
13. Physical and Cognitive Development in Early Adulthood
14. Social and Personality Development in Early Adulthood
PART 7: MIDDLE ADULTHOOD
15. Physical and Cognitive Development in Middle Adulthood
16. Social and Personality Development in Middle Adulthood
PART 8: LATE ADULTHOOD
17. Physical and Cognitive Development in Late Adulthood
18. Social and Personality Development in Late Adulthood
19. Death and Dying
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.