Criminal Investigation (Justice Series), Updated Edition, 3rd edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Criminal Investigation is a clear, thought-provoking exploration of core concepts, the latest research and current events shaping criminal justice today. Built to be affordable without sacrificing academic rigor, its pedagogy moves you beyond memorization to true understanding.
Blending scientific theory with a practical approach, Criminal Investigation parallels the steps of an actual criminal investigation. Author Michael Lyman tells a compelling story about criminal justice that motivates students to explore topics further.
The 3rd Edition covers the latest hot-button issues in criminal investigation. It includes updated Think About it sections and real-life case studies, plus revised learning outcomes and visual aids.
Published by Pearson (August 17th 2021) - Copyright © 2018
Subject: Criminal Justice
Category: Criminal Investigation
1. Foundations of Criminal Investigation
2. The Crime Scene: Field Notes, Documenting, and Reporting
3. Processing the Crime Scene
4. Identifying Criminal Suspects: Field and Laboratory Processes
5. Legal Issues in Criminal Investigation
6. Interviews and Interrogations
7. Criminal Intelligence and Surveillance Operations
8. Informant Management and Undercover Operations
9. Death Investigations
11. Assault and Related Offenses
12. Missing and Abducted Persons
13. Crimes against Children: Child Abuse and Child Fatalities
14. Theft and Fraud-Related Offenses
15. Arson and Bombings
16. Terrorism and National Security Crimes
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.