Out of Many: A History of the American People, Combined Volume, 9th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Out of Many: A History of the American People focuses on particular communities and regions to weave the stories of the people and the nation into a single compelling narrative that continues to this day. This title helps you see how diverse communities and different regions have shaped America.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2020
Category: US History Survey
Table of contents
1. A Continent of Villages, to 1500
2. When Worlds Collide, 1492-1590
3. Planting Colonies in North America, 1588-1701
4. Slavery and Empire, 1441-1770
5. The Cultures of Colonial North America, 1700-1780
6. From Empire to Independence, 1750-1776
7. The American Revolution, 1776-1786
8. The New Nation, 1786-1800
9. An Empire for Liberty, 1790-1824
10. The South and Slavery, 1790s-1850s
11. The Growth of Democracy, 1824-1840
12. Industry and the North, 1790s-1840s
13. Immigration, Urbanization, and Social Reform, 1820s-1850s
14. The Territorial Expansion of the United States, 1830s-1850s
15. The Coming Crisis, the 1850s
16. The Civil War, 1861-1865
17. Reconstruction, 1863-1877
18. The Trans-Mississippi West, 1860-1900
19. Production and Consumption in the Gilded Age, 1865-1900
20. Democracy and Empire, 1870-1900
21. Urban America and the Progressive Era, 1900-1917
22. The United States in the Era of the Great War, 1901-1920
23. The Twenties, 1920-1929
24. The Great Depression and the New Deal, 1929-1940
25. World War II, 1941-1945
26. The Cold War Begins, 1945-1952
27. America at Mid-Century, 1952-1963
28. The Civil Rights Movement, 1945-1966
29. War Abroad, War at Home, 1965-1974
30. The Conservative Ascendancy, 1974-1999
31. Inequality in the Global Age, 2000-Present
Volume I includes chapters 1-17; Volume II includes chapters 17-31.
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month 'term'. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. You can turn on auto-renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4-month term has ended.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last 4 months. Before your initial 4-month term ends, you can extend your subscription by turning auto-renew on in My account. If you turn auto-renew on, we’ll automatically renew your subscription and charge you every month until you turn off auto-renew.
To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date. You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription. We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.