Marriages, Families, and Intimate Relationships, 5th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Marriages, Families and Intimate Relationships: A Practical Introduction explores how society impacts our personal connections in the modern world. Throughout this research-based text, authors Brian Williams, Stacey Sawyer and Carl Wahlstrom address the questions about intimacy, family and personal happiness that matter most to today's students. Utilizing an accessible writing style, the authors explore gender, marriage, parenting and more via 3 important sociological perspectives: structural-functional, conflict and symbolic interaction.
The 5th Edition offers expanded coverage of gender identity and gender fluidity as well as fully updated research to ensure an up-to-date learning experience.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2020
Category: Marriage & Family
1. Seeking. Finding Happiness in Relationships in a Complex World
2. Understanding. Learning about Intimate Behavior
3. Gender. The Meanings of Masculinity and Femininity
4. Involvement. Dating, Pairing, and Courtship
5. Love. The Many Faces
6. Communication. Realizing Effective Intimacy
7. Sexuality. Interpersonal Sexuality, Sexual Values, and Behavior
8. Marriage. The Ultimate Commitment?
9. Variations. Nontraditional Families and Households
10. Reproduction. Decisions about Having or Not Having Children
11. Parenting. Children, Families, and Generations
12. Work. Economics, Jobs, and Balancing Family Demands
13. Crises. Managing Stress, Disaster, Violence, and Abuse
14. Uncoupling. Separation and Divorce
15. Remarriage. Reinvented, Renewed, and Blended Families
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.