Criminology Today: An Integrative Introduction, 10th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Study smarter, not harder
Save time with study tools in your eText
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Criminology Today presents a contemporary, comprehensive introduction to criminology that prompts you to think critically about the causes of crime and the link between crime theories and policies. Real-life stories and up-to-date examples bring to life both historical and modern criminological approaches.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2021
Subject: Criminal Justice
Table of contents
PART I: CRIME AND CRIMINOLOGY
1. What Is Criminology - Understanding Crime and Criminals
2. Where Do Theories Come From? - From Idea to Evidence
PART II: CRIME CAUSATION
3. Classical and Neoclassical Thought - Choice or Consequences
4. Early Biological Perspectives on Criminal Behavior - It's What We Are
5. Biosocial and Other Contemporary Perspectives - Interaction Is Key
6. Psychological and Psychiatric Foundations of Criminal Behavior - It's How We Think
PART III: CRIME CAUSATION REVISITED
7. Social Structure Theories - It's Where and How We Live
8. Theories of Social Process and Social Development - It's What We Learn
9. Social Conflict Theories - It's How We Relate
PART IV: THE CRIME PICTURE
10. Criminal Victimization - It's Personal
11. Crimes against Persons - It's What We Fear
12. Crimes against Property - It's What We Lose
13. White-Collar and Organized Crime - Crime as a Job
14. Drug and Sex Crimes - Recreational Offenses
15. Technology and Crime - It's a Double-Edged Sword
16. Globalization and Terrorism - Our Small World
EPILOGUE: Future Directions - It's What's to Come
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.