The Western Heritage, Volume 2, 12th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Study smarter, not harder
Save time with study tools in your eText
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
The Western Heritage weaves social, cultural, and political history into a strong narrative of the central developments in Western history. It defines how the West has interacted with other cultures, and shows how the history of Western civilization can shed light into global challenges today.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2020
Category: Western Civilization
Table of contents
PART 3: Europe in Transition, 1300-1750
13. European State Consolidation in the Seventeenth and Eighteenth Centuries
14. New Directions in Thought and Culture in the Sixteenth and Seventeenth Centuries
15. Society and Economy Under the Old Regime in the Eighteenth Century
16. The Transatlantic Economy, Trade Wars, and Colonial Rebellion
PART 4: Enlightenment and Revolution, 1700-1850
17. The Age of Enlightenment: Eighteenth-Century Thought
18. The French Revolution
19. The Age of Napoleon and the Triumph of Romanticism
20. The Conservative Order and the Challenges of Reform (1815-1832)
21. Economic Advance and Social Unrest (1830-1850)
PART 5: Toward the Modern World, 1850-1939
22. The Age of Nation-States
23. The Building of European Supremacy: Society and Politics to World War I
24. The Birth of Modern European Thought
25. The Age of Western Imperialism
26. Alliances, War, and a Troubled Peace
27. The Interwar Years: The Challenge of Dictators and Depression
PART 6: Global Conflict, Cold War, and New Directions, 1939 to Present
28. World War II
29. The Cold War Era, Decolonization, and the Emergence of a New Europe
30. Social, Cultural, and Economic Challenges in the West through the Present
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.