Supply Chain Management: Strategy, Planning, and Operation, 7th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Supply Chain Management blends concepts and strategy with practical tools to help you solve supply chain problems. You'll explore the key drivers, including facilities, inventory, transportation, information, sourcing, and pricing and the managerial levers that can improve supply chain performance.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2019
Subject: Operations Management
Category: Supply Chain
Table of contents
Table of Contents
PART I: BUILDING A STRATEGIC FRAMEWORK TO ANALYZE SUPPLY CHAINS
- Understanding the Supply Chain
- Supply Chain Performance: Achieving Strategic Fit and Scope
- Supply Chain Drivers and Metrics
PART II: DESIGNING THE SUPPLY CHAIN NETWORK
- Designing Distribution Networks and Applications to Online Sales
- Network Design in the Supply Chain
- Designing Global Supply Chain Networks
PART III: PLANNING AND COORDINATING DEMAND AND SUPPLY IN A SUPPLY CHAIN
- Demand Forecasting in a Supply Chain
- Aggregate Planning in a Supply Chain
- Sales and Operations Planning in a Supply Chain
- Coordination in a Supply Chain
PART IV: PLANNING AND MANAGING INVENTORIES IN A SUPPLY CHAIN
- Managing Economies of Scale in a Supply Chain: Cycle Inventory
- Appendix 11A: Economic Order Quantity
- Managing Uncertainty in a Supply Chain: Safety Inventory
- Appendix 12A: The Normal
- Appendix 12B: The Normal Distribution in Excel
- Appendix 12C: Expected Shortage per Replenishment Cycle
- Appendix 12D: Evaluating Safety Inventory for Slow-Moving Items
- Linking Product Availability to Profits
- Appendix 13A: Optimal Level of Product Availability
- Appendix 13B: An Intermediate Evaluation
- Appendix 13C: Expected Profit from an Order
- Appendix 13D: Expected Overstock from an Order
- Appendix 13E: Expected Understock from an Order
- Appendix 13F: Simulation Using Spreadsheets
PART V: DESIGNING AND PLANNING TRANSPORTATION NETWORKS
- Transportation in a Supply Chain
PART VI: MANAGING CROSS FUNCTIONAL DRIVERS IN A SUPPLY CHAIN
- Sourcing Decisions in a Supply Chain
- Pricing and Revenue Management in a Supply Chain
- Sustainability and the Supply Chain
PART VII: ONLINE CHAPTER
- Information Technology in a Supply Chain
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.