99 Ideas and Activities for Teaching English Learners with the SIOP Model, 2nd edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
99 Ideas and Activities for Teaching English Learners with the SIOP Model is your guide to effectively use the SIOP framework in your classroom. The text provides classroom-ready ideas and activities for each of the SIOP components, with a dual focus on academic content and academic language.
Published by Pearson (June 1st 2021) - Copyright © 2022
Subject: Multilingual/English Learners
Category: Teaching English Learners
Table of contents
Table of Contents
- Overview of the SIOP Model
- Lesson Preparation
- Ideas and Activities for Enhancing Lesson Preparation
- Cue Tips
- Dream Community
- Enlarged, Adapted Text
- How to Differentiate Your SIOP Lessons
- How to Select Meaningful Activities
- How to SIOPize an Existing or Commercial Lesson Plan
- Make Your SIOP Lessons Come Alive!
- Most Important Objective!
- Pop-Up Self-Assessment
- Take PART (Preview, Annotate, Reflect, Teacher Feedback)
- Writing a SIOP Lesson Plan
- Building Background
- Review of the Building Background Component
- Ideas and Activities for Enhancing Building Background
- Flip Books
- Concept Card Sort
- Go to Your Corner
- Jumpstart Your Engines!
- Play It Again
- Pretest with a Partner
- Questions to Activate Students' Prior Knowledge
- Surprise Book
- Sync Up
- Think & Link
- Two Truths and a Trick
- Using Cognates to Build English Vocabulary
- Vocabulary Go Fish
- Word Study Journals
- Comprehensible Input
- Ideas and Activities for Enhancing Comprehensible Input
- Every Student Gets a Chance
- Framed Outlines
- Homographs, Homophones, and Synonyms
- Idiom Match-Up
- Move It!
- Multimedia Madness
- Recorded Texts for Understanding
- Recording Google Slides with Closed Captions
- Think, Jot, Pair, Share
- Ideas and Activities to Enhance Strategies
- Agree or Disagree?
- Backwards Book Walk
- Canned Questions
- Creative Visualization
- Double Entry Journals (DEJs)
- Pipe Cleaner Practice
- Show Your Thinking!
- Sprinkle Fairy Dust
- Squeepers (SQP2RS)
- Sticky Note Scene
- Stop and Think
- Traveling Questions
- Ideas and Activities to Enhance Interaction
- Dinner Party
- Directed Reading-Thinking Activity (DR-TA)
- Frozen Moment
- Gallery Walk
- He Said/She Said
- Mix and Match
- Multilingual Mind Map
- Pairs Before Squares
- Role Playing
- Sentence Patterning Plus
- Show What You Know
- Standing Circle Share
- Take a Stand
- You Are There
- Practice & Application
- Ideas and Activities to Enhance Practice & Application
- Conga Line
- Go Graphic! Graphic Organizers for Expository and Narrative Texts
- Paperslide Video
- Piece O'Pizza
- Lesson Delivery
- Ideas and Activities for Enhancing Lesson Delivery
- Equitable Pacing for All
- Headings into Questions
- Magic Buttons
- Quick Draw
- Rapid Group Response with Number and Letter Cards
- Reader-Recorder-Reporter Triads
- Secret Answer
- Stand, Share, Sit
- Standing Circle Share
- Stop That Video!
- Review & Assessment
- Ideas and Activities for Enhancing Review & Assessment
- Batter Up!
- Bingo Board Review
- Domino Review
- Emoji Review
- Group Response with a White Board
- Number 1-3 For Self-Assessment of Objectives
- Pass the Notecard
- Question Online Quizzes
- Self-Assessment Rubrics
- Share Bear
- Stars and a Step
- Student-Generated Quizzes
- Tell the Truth
- Tickets Out/Tickets In, Plus
Appendix A: SIOP Lesson Plans
Appendix B: SIOP Protocol (Abbreviated)
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.