California Government and Politics Today, 15th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
A practical, contemporary overview of California politics
California Government and Politics Today explains California’s ever-changing political situation in the context of social and economic trends. As in previous editions, author Mona Field focuses on the state’s ethnic and cultural diversity as well as the global economy’s impact on California (and vice versa). In addition, she helps students to view political involvement as an essential component of achieving the California Dream. The Fifteenth Edition includes updated data and coverage of contemporary issues, including contrasts between California and the nation after the 2016 presidential election.
NOTE: This ISBN is for a Pearson Books a la Carte edition: a convenient, three-hole-punched, loose-leaf text. In addition to the flexibility offered by this format, Books a la Carte editions offer students great value, as they cost significantly less than a bound textbook.
Published by Pearson (June 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2018
Subject: Political Science
Category: State & Local Government
1. California Politics in Perspective
2. The Californians: Land, People, and Political Culture
3. California's Historical Development
4. Freedom and Equality: California's Delicate Balance
5. Media Influences, Social Media, and Interest Groups
6. Political Parties and Other Voluntary Organizations
7. Campaigns and Elections: Too Many?
8. The California Legislature
9. California's Plural Executive: Governor Plus Seven
10. Paying the Bills: California's Budget Struggles
11. California Courts and Judges
12. Criminal Justice and Civil Law
13. City Governments: Providing the Basics
14. Counties, Special Districts, and K--Graduate Public Education
15. Challenges for California's Future
Appendix A: Directory of Organizations and Parties That Anyone Can Join or Support
Appendix B: Communicating Your Views to Your Elected Officials
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.