Traffic Engineering, 5th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Traffic Engineering focuses on the key engineering skills required to practice traffic engineering. Presenting both fundamental theory and a broad range of applications, the text will help you understand and appreciate planning, design, management, construction, operation, control and system optimization.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2019
Subject: Civil & Mechanical Engineering
Category: Advanced Topics in Civil Engineering
Table of contents
I. Basic Concepts and Characteristics
2. Transportation Modes and Characteristics
3. Road-User, Vehicle, and Roadway Characteristics
4. Communicating with Drivers. Traffic Control Devices
5. Traffic Stream Characteristics
6. The Concepts of Demand, Volume, and Capacity
7. Level of Service and the Highway Capacity Manual. History and Fundamental Concepts
8. Intelligent Transportation Systems
II. Traffic Studies and Programs
9. Traffic Data Collection and Reduction Methodologies
10. Traffic Volume Studies and Characteristics
11. Speed, Travel Time, and Delay Studies
12. Highway Traffic Safety. An Overview
13. Parking. Characteristics, Studies, Programs, and Design
14. Traffic Impact Studies and Analyses
III. Interrupted Flow Facilities. Design, Control, and Level of Service
15. The Hierarchy of Intersection Control
16. Traffic Signal Hardware
17. Fundamentals of Intersection Design and Layout
18. Principles of Intersection Signalization
19. Fundamentals of Signal Timing and Design. Pre-timed Signals
20. Fundamentals of Signal Timing and Design. Actuated Signals
21. Signal Coordination for Arterials and Networks
22. Capacity and Level of Service Analysis. Signalized Intersections–The HCM Method
23. Planning-Level Analysis of Signalized Intersections
24. Urban Streets and Arterials. Complete Streets and Levels of Service
25. Unsignalized Intersections and Roundabouts
26. Interchanges and Alternative Intersections
IV. Uninterrupted Flow Facilities. Design, Control, and Level of Service
27. An Overview of Geometric Design of Roadways
28. Capacity and Level of Service Analysis. Basic Freeway and Multilane Highway Segments
29. Capacity and Level of Service Analysis. Weaving Segments on Freeways and Multilane Highways
30. Capacity and Level of Service Analysis. Merge and Diverge Segments on Freeways and Multilane Highways
31. Operation and Analysis of Freeways and Highways
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.