Teaching Today's Health, 10th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Study smarter, not harder
Save time with study tools in your eText
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Teaching Today's Health balances comprehensive coverage of theory with a wealth of activities to give you the tools you need to become a successful health educator. The text's strong background and depth in teaching methods prepares you for the challenges of today's teaching environment.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2013
Subject: Health & Kinesiology
Table of contents
1. The Need for Health Education
2. The Role of the Teacher in Coordinated School Health Programs
3. Planning for Health Instruction
4. Strategies for Implementing Health Instruction
5. Measurement and Evaluation of Health Education
6. Mental Health and Stress Reduction
7. Strategies for Teaching Mental Health and Stress Reduction
8. Body Systems
9. Personal Health
10. Strategies for Teaching Body Systems and Personal Health
11. Sexuality Education
12. Strategies for Teaching Sexuality Education
13. Substance Use and Abuse
14. Strategies for Teaching About Substance Use and Abuse
15. Infectious and Noninfectious Conditions
16. Strategies for Teaching About Infectious and Noninfectious Conditions
18. Strategies for Teaching Nutrition
19. Injuries: Accident and Violence Prevention
20. Strategies for Teaching About Injuries: Accident and Violence Prevention
21. Consumer Health
22. Strategies for Teaching Consumer Health
23. Aging, Dying, and Death
24. Strategies for Teaching About Aging, Dying, and Death
25. Environmental Health
26. Strategies for Teaching Environmental Health
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.