Exceptional Learners: An Introduction to Special Education, 15th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Exceptional Learners focuses on the characteristics of students with exceptionalities and proven classroom practices that help meet their individual needs. It examines the psychological, sociological and medical aspects of disabilities and giftedness, giving both general and special educators a solid introduction to current special education theory, research and practice. Real-world stories and features help you develop a more sensitive understanding of exceptional learners and their families.
The 15th Edition features an enhanced focus on evidence-based content, including over 400 new references to cutting-edge research. Extensive new coverage of justice, equity, diversity and inclusion in schools reflects the importance of promoting equitable educational opportunities for all students. Enhanced coverage of identification and assessment practices provides extensive discussion of RTI's role and effectiveness in assessment along with multitiered systems of support and prevention.
Published by Pearson (July 6th 2022) - Copyright © 2023
Subject: Special Education
Category: Introduction to Special Education
- Exceptionality and Special Education
- Current Practices for Meeting the Needs of Exceptional Learners
- Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in Special Education
- Parents and Families
- Learners with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Learners with Learning Disabilities
- Learners with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Learners with Emotional or Behavioral Disorders
- Learners with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Learners with Communication Disorders
- Learners Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Learners with Blindness or Low Vision
- Learners with Low-Incidence, Multiple, and Severe Disabilities
- Learners with Physical Disabilities and Other Health Impairments
- Learners with Special Gifts and Talents
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.