Special Education: Contemporary Perspectives for School Professionals, 6th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Special Education brings special education to life with a multi-dimensional view of the field. Each chapter features real stories of individuals with disabilities, their parents, and professionals. A just-right blend of up-to-date, research-based information is presented in an easy-to-understand way. In addition to contemporary issues, this text covers the full spectrum of special education, from the history of the field to the students you will teach to assessment and instruction. With this exceptional text, you will gain an understanding of your future role as a professional and learn how to translate critical concepts into educational practices.
The 6th Edition incorporates current research, data, and standards for practice. It explores the most critical issues affecting the field today.
Published by Pearson (August 17th 2023) - Copyright © 2023
Subject: Special Education
Category: Introduction to Special Education
- Understanding Special Education
- The Personnel and Procedures of Special Education
- Multicultural Perspectives
- Collaboration in Special Education
- Students with Specific Learning Disabilities
- Students with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Students with Emotional and Behavior Disorders
- Students with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Students with Speech and Language Disorders
- Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Students with Deafness and Hearing Loss
- Students with Visual Impairments
- Students with Orthopedic Impairments, Traumatic Brain Injury, and Other Health Impairments
- Students with Intensive Support Needs
- Students Who Are Gifted and Talented
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.