Legal Environment of Business, The: A Critical Thinking Approach, 8th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Study smarter, not harder
Save time with study tools in your eText
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
The Legal Environment of Business introduces you to the legal side of business using an eight-step model and significant legal cases. You'll come to see the relationship between business and the legal system and gain essential critical thinking skills, while also connecting the law beyond business to other disciplines.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2017
Table of contents
I. INTRODUCTION TO THE LAW AND LEGAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS
1. Critical Thinking and Legal Reasoning
2. Introduction to Law and the Legal Environment of Business
3. The American Legal System
4. Alternative Tools of Dispute Resolution
5. Constitutional Principles
6. White-Collar Crime and the Business Community
7. Ethics, Social Responsibility, and the Business Manager
8. The International Legal Environment of Business
II. PRIVATE LAW AND THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS
9. The Law of Contracts and Sales I
10. The Law of Contracts and Sales II
11. The Law of Torts
12. Product and Service Liability Law
13. Law of Property: Real and Personal
14. Intellectual Property
15. Agency Law
16. Law and Business Associations I
17. Law and Business Associations II
III. PUBLIC LAW AND THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS
18. The Law of Administrative Agencies
19. The Employment Relationship and Immigration Laws
20. Laws Governing Labor-Management Relations
21. Employment Discrimination
22. Environmental Law
23. Rules Governing the Issuance and Trading of Securities
24. Antitrust Laws
25. Laws of Debtor-Creditor Relations and Consumer Protection
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.