Legal Environment of Business, The: A Critical Thinking Approach, 8th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
For courses in business law and the legal environment of business.
Help Students Understand the Legal Aspect of Business by Incorporating Critical Thinking and Ethical Analysis
The Legal Environment of Business: A Critical Thinking Approach introduces students to the legal side of business using a clear, well-developed, eight-step critical thinking model. This book uses some of the most significant real-life legal cases to help students develop their knowledge about the relationship between business and the legal system. Distinguishing itself by emphasizing the critical thinking skills necessary to survive in today’s competitive global business environment, the text also incorporates ethical analysis and considers the impact of values on legal outcomes.
This Eighth Edition has been updated with more current cases, new suggested readings, and new chapters concerning immigration law and the America Invents Act, which significantly impacts patent law. The text further sets itself apart through additional features that connect the law to other disciplines beyond business, introduces a balanced mix of current and classic cases, and presents lists to encourage further reading and exploration of various topics.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2017
Subject: Business Law
Category: Legal Environment of Business, The: A Critical Thinking Approach
I. Introduction to the Law and Legal Environment of Business
- Critical Thinking and Legal Reasoning
- Introduction to Law and the Legal Environment of Business
- The American Legal System
- Alternative Tools of Dispute Resolution
- Constitutional Principles
- White-Collar Crime and the Business Community
- Ethics, Social Responsibility, and the Business Manager
- The International Legal Environment of Business
II. Private Law and the Legal Environment of Business
- The Law of Contracts and Sales I
- The Law of Contracts and Sales II
- The Law of Torts
- Product and Service Liability Law
- Law of Property: Real and Personal
- Intellectual Property
- Agency Law
- Law and Business Associations I
- Law and Business Associations II
III. Public Law and the Legal Environment of Business
- The Law of Administrative Agencies
- The Employment Relationship and Immigration Laws
- Laws Governing Labor-Management Relations
- Employment Discrimination
- Environmental Law
- Rules Governing the Issuance and Trading of Securities
- Antitrust Laws
- Laws of Debtor-Creditor Relations and Consumer Protection
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.