Occupied America: A History of Chicanos, 9th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Occupied America: A History of Chicanos offers an authoritative, accessible approach to Mexican American history. It's among the most comprehensive and definitive introductory Chicano history texts available today. Rodolfo Acuña is one of the foremost and most highly regarded voices in Chicano history and ethnic studies. Passionately, engagingly written and extensively researched, the text covers Chicano history in its entirety. Timelines provide clear contexts for the most important events, illuminating today's struggles in the process.
The 9th Edition has been extensively updated, largely in light of the 2016 Presidential election and the “Age of Trump” and for better precision of language.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2020
Category: United States History
- Not Just Pyramids, Explorers, and Heroes
- El Imperio Español
- Legacy of Hate: The Invasion of Mexico
- Occupied Texas
- The Colonization of New Mexico
- Sonora Invaded: The Occupation of Arizona
- California Lost: Image and Reality
- Immigration, Labor, and Generational Change
- The 1920s: Making America Great
- Mexican American Communities in the Making: The Tin Man Has No Heart
- World War II: The Betrayal of Promises
- “Happy Days”: Mexican American Communities under Siege
- Goodbye America: The Chicana/o in the 1960s
- The 1970s: The Resurgence of White Nationalism
- Blade Runner: Replicants are Illegal
- The Millennium: The Chickens Comes Home to Roost
- The Decline of the American Empire
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.