Basic Psychopharmacology for Mental Health Professionals, 3rd edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Basic Psychopharmacology for Mental Health Professionals provides up-to-date information on the latest medications, using easy-to-understand language. This practical and engaging text includes numerous case studies that illustrate the skills needed for successful practice in the field.
The 3rd Edition is updated to the DSM-5 and includes information and research on the newest medications. Additional clinical case examples have also been added throughout the text.
Published by Pearson (July 15th 2021) - Copyright © 2020
Why Study Psychopharmacology
1. Basic Neurobiology Psychopharmacology and Pharmacokinetics
2. History Taking and Assessment Techniques
3. Treatment of Unipolar Depression
4. Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
5. Treatment of Anxiety Disorders
6. Treatment of Psychotic Disorders
7. Treatment of ADHD and Disorders of Attention
8. Treatment of Cognitive Disorders
9. Treatment of Sleep Disorders
10. Treatment of Personality Disorders
11. Treatment of Chemical Dependency and Co-Occurring Conditions
12. Treatment of Comorbidity and Other Disorders
13. Case Vignettes: Children
14. Case Vignettes: Adolescents
15. Case Vignettes: Early Adulthood
16. Case Vignettes: Middle Adulthood
17. Case Vignettes: Older Adulthood
Appendix: Table of Psychotropic Medications
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.