Plant Science: Growth, Development, and Utilization of Cultivated Plants, 6th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Plant Science is an in-depth exploration of plant cultivation, for learners of all levels. It's the premier resource on the basic principles of ecological relationships and their impact on cultivation. Comprehensive and engaging, Plant Science addresses all relevant topics, from the fundamentals of botany to complex cultivation strategies and sustainability concerns. Its breadth of topics makes this text ideal for most plant science courses, including the combined agronomy-horticulture curricula that universities are increasingly adopting.
The 6th Edition has been updated with a wealth of new information, images and features. It now draws a stronger connection between natural, agricultural and horticultural ecosystems.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2020
Category: Introduction to Plant Science
UNIT 1: ENVIRONMENTAL, CULTURAL, AND SOCIAL FACTORS THAT INFLUENCE THE CULTIVATION AND UTILIZATION OF PLANTS
1. History, Trends, Issues, and Challenges in Plant Science
2. Terrestrial Ecosystems and Their Relationship to Cultivating Plants
3. Growing Plants for Human Use
UNIT 2: PLANT STRUCTURE, CHEMISTRY, GROWTH, DEVELOPMENT, GENETICS, BIODIVERSITY, AND PROCESSES
6. Structure of Higher Plants
7. Plant Growth and Development
8. Plant Chemistry and Metabolism
9. Genetics and Propagation
10. Cultivated Plants: Naming, Classifying, Origin, Improvement, and Germplasm Diversity, and Preservation
11. Photosynthesis and Respiration
12. Water Relations
13. Mineral Nutrition
UNIT 3: PLANT PRODUCTION AND UTILIZATION SYSTEMS
14. Soil, Water, and Fertility Management
15. Integrated Management of Weeds, Insects, Diseases, and Other Pests
16. General Considerations for Production, Harvest, Postharvest Handling, and Marketing
17. Field Crops Grown for Food, Fiber, and Fuel
18. Forage Crops and Rangelands
19. Vegetable Production
20. Temperate Fruit and Nut Crops
21. Tropical and Subtropical Crop and Crop Production Systems
22. Nursery Production
23. Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA)
25. Landscape Plants
26. Constructed Landscapes and Landscape Design Considerations
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.