Juvenile Justice System, The: Delinquency, Processing, and the Law, 9th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
The Juvenile Justice System: Delinquency, Processing, and the Law offers you an in-depth introduction to juvenile justice. It examines how young offenders are viewed, classified and guided. The authors take a critical eye to the stages of juvenile processing and current and historical responses to juvenile justice. They also examine how research has influenced policy. Examples of comparative juvenile justice raise the importance of focusing on reform and treatment.
The 9th Edition highlights evidence-based programs that have proven effective in preventing delinquency and treating young offenders. It looks at the Sanctuary Model® and trauma-informed care as two new approaches to working with youth.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2019
Subject: Criminal Justice
Category: Juvenile Justice
1. An Overview of Juvenile Justice in the United States
2. The History of Juvenile Justice and Origins of the Juvenile Court
3. Theories of Delinquency and Intervention Programs
4. The Legal Rights of Juveniles
5. Juveniles and the Police
6. Intake and Preadjudicatory Processing
7. Prosecutorial Decision Making in Juvenile Justice
8. Classification and Preliminary Treatment: Waivers and Other Alternatives
9. The Adjudicatory Process: Dispositional Alternatives
10. Nominal Sanctions: Warnings, Diversion, and Alternative Dispute Resolution
11. Juvenile Probation and Community-Based Corrections
12. Juvenile Corrections: Custodial Sanctions and Aftercare
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.