Lifespan Development, 8th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Lifespan Development provides an introduction to developmental science that focuses on applications and research. This thorough overview of the discipline is geared toward helping you apply your understanding of development to your own life. Authors Denise Boyd and Helen Bee emphasize how concepts connect to research. Combined with their down-to-earth writing style, this approach helps make abstract theoretical material understandable.
The 8th Edition offers the latest research plus updated coverage of topics such as cross-ethnic friendships and unemployment and depression. Other fresh topics include the connections between prenatal exposure to maternal stress and children's social reasoning skills, and executive control development and the transition to school.
Published by Pearson (June 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2019
Category: Lifespan Development
1. Basic Concepts and Methods
2. Theories of Development
3. Prenatal Development and Birth
4. Physical, Sensory, and Perceptual Development in Infancy
5. Cognitive Development in Infancy
6. Social and Personality Development in Infancy
7. Physical and Cognitive Development in Early Childhood
8. Social and Personality Development in Early Childhood
9. Physical and Cognitive Development in Middle Childhood
10. Social and Personality Development in Middle Childhood
11. Physical and Cognitive Development in Adolescence
12. Social and Personality Development in Adolescence
13. Physical and Cognitive Development in Early Adulthood
14. Social and Personality Development in Early Adulthood
15. Physical and Cognitive Development in Middle Adulthood
16. Social and Personality Development in Middle Adulthood
17. Physical and Cognitive Development in Late Adulthood
18. Social and Personality Development in Late Adulthood
19. Death, Dying, and Bereavement
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.