Social Gerontology: A Multidisciplinary Perspective, 10th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
For courses in Sociology of Aging
A thorough, multidisciplinary review of the diverse process of aging and the current research surrounding it
The best-selling Social Gerontology: A Multidisciplinary Perspective presents the diversities of the aging experience — the interaction between the physiological, cognitive, emotional, interpersonal, social, and cultural forces on aging, as well as the heterogeneity of the older population in terms of age, race, class, gender, functional ability, and sexual orientation. The Tenth Edition explores new research connecting the relationship between older people and their environments, and its impact on their quality of life and overall well-being. The text also captures profound changes in societal views, and provides critical information about growing economic disparities among the older population.
Social Gerontology: A Multidisciplinary Perspective, Tenth Edition is also available via Revel™, an interactive learning environment that enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience. Learn more.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2018
Category: Sociology of Age/ Race /Class /Gender
- The Growth of Social Gerontology
- Aging in Other Countries and Across Cultures in the United States
- The Social Consequences of Physical Aging
- Managing Chronic Diseases and Promoting Well-Being in Old Age
- Cognitive Changes with Aging
- Personality and Mental Health in Old Age
- Love, Intimacy, and Sexuality in Old Age
- Social Theories of Aging
- The Importance of Social Supports
- Opportunities and Challenges of Informal Caregiving
- Living Arrangements and Social Interactions
- Enhancing Older Adults' Lives Through Technology
- Productive Aging
- Death, Dying, Bereavement, and Widowhood
- The Resilience of Elders of Color
- The Resilience of Older Women
- Social Policies to Address Social Problems
- Health and Long-Term Care Policy and Programs
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.