Human Diseases, 8th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Human Diseases is an engaging, visual survey of common diseases affecting each body system. Organized by organ system, it includes individual chapters on the nervous, cardiovascular, respiratory, urinary and endocrine systems, as well as on heredity, blood, cancer, mental illness and the eye and ear.
Published by Pearson (August 1st 2021) - Copyright © 2015
Category: Human Diseases
I: Mechanisms of Disease
1. Introduction to Disease
2. Immunity, Inflammation, and Immune Disorders
3. Infectious Diseases and Infection Control
5. Heredity and Disease
II: Diseases of the Systems
6. Diseases and Disorders of the Cardiovascular System
7. Diseases and Disorders of the Blood
8. Diseases and Disorders of the Respiratory System
9. Diseases and Disorders of the Digestive System
10. Diseases and Disorders of the Urinary System
11. Diseases and Disorders of the Reproductive System
12. Diseases and Disorders of the Endocrine System
13. Diseases and Disorders of the Nervous System
14. Diseases and Disorders of the Special Senses
15. Mental Illness and Cognitive Disorders
16. Diseases and Disorders of the Bones, Joints, and Muscles
17. Diseases and Disorders of the Skin
B. Answers to Interactive Activities
C. Laboratory Tests and Diagnostic Procedures
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.