Prehospital Emergency Pharmacology, 8th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Study smarter, not harder
Save time with study tools in your eText
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Prehospital Emergency Pharmacology is a complete reference guide to need-to-know medications for EMS personnel. You'll learn current trends in emergency care, accepted practices in the US and Canada, and medication dosages that meet national standards of the AMA, AHA and PDR.
Published by Pearson (June 9th 2021) - Copyright © 2019
Category: Advanced EMT
Table of contents
1. General Information
2. Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics
3. Administration of Medications
4. Medication Dosage Calculations
5. Fluids, Electrolytes, and Intravenous Therapy
6. The Autonomic Nervous System
7. Medications Used in the Treatment of Cardiovascular Emergencies
8. Medications Used in the Treatment of Respiratory Emergencies
9. Medications Used in the Treatment of Allergic Reactions and Anaphylaxis
10. Medications Used in the Treatment of Metabolic-Endocrine Emergencies
11. Medications Used in the Treatment of Neurological Emergencies
12. Medications Used in the Treatment of Obstetrical and Gynecological Emergencies
13. Medications Used in Toxicological Emergencies
14. Medications Used in the Treatment of Behavioral Emergencies
15. Medications Used in the Treatment of Gastrointestinal Emergencies
16. Sedation and Pain Management
17. Weapons of Mass Destruction
A. Glossary of Street Drug Names
B. Emergency Intravenous Fluids Quick Reference Guide
C. Quick Medication Reference
D. Common Home Prescription Drug Information
E. Medication Administration Skills
F. A Guide to Herbal Supplements
G. Practice Problems Answer Key - Chapter 4
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.