Old Testament Story, The, 10th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Study smarter, not harder
Save time with study tools in your eText
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
The Old Testament Story will allow you to more knowledgeably interpret the stories of the Old Testament, informed by the history and culture of the Near East at the time they were written. The text uses insights from a number of contemporary methods for reading ancient texts employed by academics and scholars.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2020
Category: Bible Studies
Table of contents
1. The Book and Those Who Study It
2. Archaeology and the World of the Old Testament
3. Israel Looks at the Beginnings
4. Israel Becomes a People
5. Israel Gains a Home: Joshua and Judges
6. The Beginning of the Monarchy: Samuel, Saul, and David
7. The Division of the Monarchy I: The Reign of Solomon and the Story of the Northern Kingdom
8. The Division of the Monarchy II: The Story of the Southern Kingdom
9. The Exile and Restoration: Redefining Israel
10. The Prophetic Literature I: An Introduction to Prophetic Literature and the Book of Isaiah
11. The Prophetic Literature II: The Scrolls of Jeremiah and Ezekiel
12. The Prophetic Literature III: The Book of the Twelve and the Continuation of the Prophetic Tradition
13. A Legacy of Israel: Wisdom Literature and Psalms
14. The Time of Silence: Judah in Eclipse
15. Epilogue: The Continuing Story
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.