Workbook for Emergency Medical Responder: First on Scene, 11th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Emergency Medical Responder: First on Scene will help you think like an emergency medical responder and prepare for a career or voluntary service in the field. It provides clear, first responder-level training for fire service, emergency, law enforcement, military, civil and industrial personnel.
The leader in the field, the text is based on the new National Emergency Medical Services Education Standards for Emergency Medical Responders. It includes the 2017 Focused Updates from the American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and First Aid.
The 11th Edition has been fully updated. This revised edition covers new topics recently introduced into emergency medical responder programs.
Published by Pearson (June 9th 2021) - Copyright © 2019
Subject: Emergency Services (BRADY)
Category: Emergency Medical Responder
1. Introduction to EMS Systems
2. Legal and Ethical Principles of Emergency Care
3. Wellness and Safety of the Emergency Medical Responder
4. Introduction to Medical Terminology, Human Anatomy, and Lifespan Development
5. Introduction to Pathophysiology
6. Principles of Lifting, Moving, and Positioning of Patients
7. Principles of Effective Communication
8. Principles of Effective Documentation
9. Principles of Airway Management and Ventilation
10. Principles of Oxygen Therapy
11. Principles of Resuscitation
12. Obtaining a Medical History and Vital Signs
13. Principles of Patient Assessment
14. Caring for Cardiac Emergencies
15. Caring for Respiratory Emergencies
16. Caring for Common Medical Emergencies
17. Caring for Environmental Emergencies
18. Caring for Soft-Tissue Injuries and Bleeding
19. Recognition and Care of Shock
20. Caring for Muscle and Bone Injuries
21. Caring for Head and Spinal Injuries
22. Caring for Chest and Abdominal Emergencies
23. Care During Pregnancy and Childbirth
24. Caring for Infants and Children
25. Special Considerations for the Geriatric Patient
26. Introduction to EMS Operations and Hazardous Response
27. Introduction to Multiple-Casualty Incidents, the Incident Command System, and Triage
1. Patient Monitoring Devices
2. Principles of Pharmacology
3. Air Medical Transport Operations
4. Introduction to Terrorism Response and Weapons of Mass Destruction
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.