Laboratory Tests and Diagnostic Procedures with Nursing Diagnoses, 9th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Laboratory Tests and Diagnostic Procedures with Nursing Diagnoses is your guide to applying lab results and diagnoses to patient care. With the case studies provided, you'll practice applying knowledge of tests and diagnoses to varied clinical situations. You'll also learn the latest evidence-based practice standards.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2019
Category: Core Nursing Courses
Table of contents
PART I: LABORATORY TESTS
1. Using Laboratory Data
2. Hematology Tests and Related Tests
3. Routine Urinalysis and Other Urine Tests
4. Renal Function Tests
5. Four Commonly Measured Electrolytes
6. Arterial Blood Gases and Related Tests
7. Three Less Commonly Measured Electrolytes and Vitamin D
8. Tests to Measure the Metabolism of Glucose and Other Sugars
9. Tests to Measure Lipid Metabolism and Other Cardiac Risk Factors
10. Tests Related to Serum Protein Levels, Tumor Markers, and Cancer Genomics
11. Tests to Measure the Metabolism of Bilirubin
12. Tests to Measure Enzymes and Cardiac Markers
13. Coagulation Tests and Tests to Detect Occult Blood
14. Serologic Tests: Immunohematology and Immunology
15. Endocrine Tests
16. Cultures and Rapid Tests for Infections
17. Therapeutic Drug Monitoring and Toxicology Screens
18. Tests Performed in Pregnancy and the Newborn Period
PART II: CASE STUDIES
19. Practice Interpretation of Laboratory Data
PART III: DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES
20. Diagnostic Radiologic Tests
21. Body Scans: CT, DXA, MRI, PET, and SPECT
22. Nuclear Scans: Diagnostic Tests with Radionuclides or Radioisotopes
23. Diagnostic Ultrasonography
24. Common Noninvasive Diagnostic Tests
25. Common Invasive Tests
26. Stress Tests, Cardiac Catheterizations, Electrophysiologic Studies, and Syncope Tests
27. Endoscopic Procedures
28. Diagnostic Procedures Related to Childbearing Years
A. Reference Values for Newborns and Children Compared with Adult Values
B. Possible Alterations in Reference Values for Older Adults
C. Altered Reference Values for Common Laboratory Tests in Normal Pregnancies
D. Units of Measure
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.