Essential Organic Chemistry, 3rd edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Essential Organic Chemistry fosters an understanding of the principles of organic structure and reaction mechanisms. This text helps you develop problem solving and analytical reasoning skills throughout organic chemistry and addresses the skills you need for the 2015 MCAT and serves both pre-med and biology majors.
Published by Pearson (August 1st 2021) - Copyright © 2016
Category: Organic Chemistry
Table of contents
Table of Contents
- Remembering General Chemistry: Electronic Structure and Bonding
- Acids and Bases: Central to Understanding Organic Chemistry
TUTORIAL Acids and Bases
- An Introduction to Organic Compounds
- Isomers: The Arrangement of Atomsin Space
TUTORIAL An Exercise in Drawing Curved Arrows: Pushing Electrons
- The Reactions of Alkenes and Alkynes
- Delocalized Electrons and Their Effect on Stability, pKa, and the Products of a Reaction · Aromaticity and the Reactions of Benzene
TUTORIAL Drawing Resonance Contributors
- Substitution and Elimination Reactions of Alkyl Halides
- Reactions of Alcohols, Ethers, Epoxides, Amines, and Thiols
- Determining the Structure of Organic Compounds
- Reactions of Carboxylic Acids and Carboxylic Acid Derivatives
- Reactions of Aldehydes and Ketones
More Reactions of Carboxylic Acid Derivatives
- Reactions at the a-Carbon of Carbonyl Compounds
- Synthetic Polymers
- The Organic Chemistry of Carbohydrates
- The Organic Chemistry of Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins
- How Enzymes Catalyze Reactions
The Organic Chemistry of the Vitamins 1 (Online-only chapter)
- The Organic Chemistry of the Metabolic Pathways
- The Organic Chemistry of Lipids
- The Chemistry of the Nucleic Acids
Appendices I Physical Properties of Organic
- Answers to Selected Problems
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.