Understanding Human Development, 4th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Understanding Human Development presents an overview of development across the lifespan and emphasizes the dynamic interactions among biological, psychological, and sociocultural forces. The text covers contemporary topics such as changing notions of family, the effects of media on children, and recent LGBT issues.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2019
Category: Lifespan Development
Table of contents
1. Fundamentals of Human Development
2. Heredity and Environment
3. Prenatal Development and Childbirth
4. Physical, Cognitive, and Language Development in Infancy and Toddlerhood
5. Personality and Sociocultural Development in Infancy and Toddlerhood
6. Physical, Cognitive, and Language Development in Early Childhood
7. Personality and Sociocultural Development in Early Childhood
8. Physical and Cognitive Development in Middle Childhood
9. Personality and Sociocultural Development in Middle Childhood
10. Physical and Cognitive Development in Adolescence and Emerging Adulthood
11. Personality and Sociocultural Development in Adolescence and Emerging Adulthood
12. Physical and Cognitive Development in Young Adulthood
13. Personality and Sociocultural Development in Young Adulthood
14. Physical and Cognitive Development in Middle Adulthood
15. Personality and Sociocultural Development in Middle Adulthood
16. Physical and Cognitive Development in Older Adulthood
17. Personality and Sociocultural Development in Older Adulthood
18. Death and Dying
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.