Reading, Writing, and Learning in ESL: A Resource Book for Teaching K-12 Multilingual Learners, 8th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Reading, Writing, and Learning in ESL is a comprehensive resource for teaching and assessing K-12 multilingual learners and actively involving them in their own education. It examines up-to-date language acquisition theory as it relates to instruction. Research-based strategies help promote oral language, reading, writing and academic development. Real-life scenarios demonstrate diverse classroom cultures. This useful resource helps you learn vital content and skills to support your future instruction with multilingual learners in K-12 settings.
The 8th Edition emphasizes practical classroom applications of evidence-based instructional strategies. Updated cases, research, theory and terminology reflect recent findings and perspectives.
Published by Pearson (June 15th 2022) - Copyright © 2023
Subject: Multilingual/English Learners
Category: Literacy for English Learners
- English Learners in 21st-Century Classrooms
- Language and Language Acquisition
- Classroom Practices for Effective English Learner Instruction
- The New Literacies and English Learners
- Oral English Development in Second Language Acquisition
- First Steps to Literacy: English Learners Beginning to Write and Read
- Words and Meanings: English Learners' Vocabulary Development
- English Learners and Process Writing
- Reading and Literature Instruction for English Learners
- Content Reading and Writing: Pre-reading and During Reading
- Content Reading and Writing: Post-reading Strategies for Organizing and Remembering
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.