Criminology (Justice Series), 5th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Criminology uses interactive components and eye-catching visuals to explore the most pressing issues in criminology today. This brief text weaves together theory and current events to offer a practical introduction that's both relevant and interesting. Cases in every chapter offer opportunities to apply new knowledge.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2020
Subject: Criminal Justice
Table of contents
PART I. CRIMINOLOGY EXPLAINED -- THE EVIL MEN (AND WOMEN) DO
1. What Is Criminology? -- Understanding Crime and Criminals
PART II. CRIME CAUSATION -- WHAT WE DO AND WHY WE DO IT
2. Classical and Neoclassical Criminology -- Choice and Consequences
3. Early Biological Perspectives on Criminal Behavior -- It's What We Are
4. Biosocial and Other Contemporary Perspectives -- Interaction Is Key
5. Psychological and Psychiatric Foundations of Criminal Behavior -- It's How We Think
6. Social Structure -- It's Where and How We Live
7. Social Process and Social Development -- It's What We Learn
8. Social Conflict and Emergent Theories -- It's How We Relate
PART III. THE CRIME PICTURE -- IT'S NOT PRETTY
9. Criminal Victimization -- It's Personal
10. Crimes against Persons-What We Fear
11. Crimes against Property -- It's What We Lose
12. White-Collar and Organized Crime -- Crime as a Job
13. Drug and Sex Crimes -- Recreational Offenses
PART IV. CRIME IN THE MODERN WORLD -- TODAY'S HEADLINES
14. Technology and Crime -- It's a Double-Edged Sword
15. Globalization and Terrorism -- Our Small World
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.